You must try this recipe. One of my Top 5 recent favorites. I took an existing recipe found on Pinterest and made it a little better for you by omitting and adding a few ingredients.
Spinach Mushroom Smothered Chicken
4 chicken breasts
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
Fresh mozzarella cheese
9 oz Spinach bag
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 cloves garlic – minced
Laughing Cow Cream Cheese Spread
1/8 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 pkg sliced button mushrooms
4 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
In cast iron pan, heat olive oil, add chicken breasts, season as desired and cook over medium heat until browned on both sides.
While chicken is cooking, prepare mushrooms.
1. Heat oil, add garlic, cook over medium heat until garlic is fragrant.
2. Add mushrooms and sauté until browned.
3. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
In same pot, cook spinach mixture.
1. Start by adding olive oil, garlic, pepper and spinach to pan.
2. Allow spinach to completely wilt.
3. Add container of 8 cheese wedges and 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese, stir until melted.
4. Add mushrooms back to mixture.
Once chicken has browned on both sides, remove from cast iron skillet and transfer to a 9×13 lightly oiled casserole dish. Top with a slice of fresh mozzarella.
Pile spinach, mushroom and cheese mixture over mozzarella.
Place in 350 degree oven and cook for 20 minutes. I covered mine for the last half so as not to dry the mixture out.