A New Twist on Taco Tuesday!
Quinoa (keen-wah) is one food I’ve been trying to incorporate into our recipes for the last year. I love the nutty flavor and rich nutrients in this super-food.
My Top 5 Reasons for Being Team Quinoa
1. High in protein — it has more protein compared to rice or wheat.
2. A good source of riboflavin — riboflavin helps reduce the frequency attacks in migraine sufferers by improving the energy metabolism within the brain and muscle cells.
3. It only has 172 calories per ¼ cup dry quinoa.
4. Since it is not related to wheat or grain, it’s gluten-free. Millions are discovering they feel better and lose weight when they reduce gluten grains or at least wheat products.
5. It is a complex carbohydrate with low glycemic index. This is again good for weight management.
The ingredient list looks daunting, but don’t let that deter you. There are a lot of spices and the rest of the ingredients are simple.
Clint was a huge fan, having two bowls! We paired it with Organic Blue Corn Chips and it was delicious.