Hey friends! I hope you are all finalizing your calendars and gearing up for an epic Summer 2017. With the way mine looks, it’s bound to be a memorable one as always! Summer means bbq’s, friends, bikes, beers, sun and tons of fun, which is why I thought now would be a good time to share with you my summertime twist to the Cauliflower and Kale Detox salad so you have something new and fresh to take to your patio parties.
I changed a few things to give it more of a summery-citrus vibe by adding more lemon, some balsamic vinegar, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries. It’s addicting and oh so good.
- 1 Head (or bag) of Cauliflower crumbles
- 2ish cups kale, chopped
- 1 bunch sliced green onions
- 2 oz. bag slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Note: the balsamic vinegar will turn the cauliflower brown, so if that weirds you out, you can omit and replace with more lemon juice.