Clint was really hoping for some Pecan Pie over Thanksgiving this year, but with our cancelled plans and my life in quarantine, his dreams were looking dismal.
I am not a pie maker. I love to bake and Lord knows I do a ton of it, but pie’s? Nah, girl. We will leave the pie’s to my niece Payton over on The Road Less Traveled. She’s the Queen!
I was looking for something a little more simple and landed on an easy Pecan Pie bar recipe over on Cookies & Cups.
The shortbread base had me at helloooooooo!
- 3/4 cup butter, room temp
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups corn syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 9×13 baking dish.
- Combine butter and sugar together on medium speed. Add flour until combined. Mixture will be dry.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- While crust is baking, whisk together the sugar, corn syrup, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Add in the flour and salt and whisk again until combined. Stir in the pecans.
- Pour the pecan mixture on top of hot crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center is set.
- Slice and refrigerate.
Thanks, Shelley at Cookies & Cups for the easy recipe that saved me from the tedious process of making a pie. Husband approved!