BFY Tex Mex Casserole
Shaking up Taco Tuesday and doing a Tex Mex Casserole. It is a cold and rainy day here in Nebraska so making something warm and comforting was just the ticket.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 can 10.75 ounce Campbell’s Healthy Request Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1 can 10.75 ounce Campbell’s Healthy Request Tomato Soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 can green chilies (4.5 ounce)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 15 ounce can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can Corn, drained
- Whole Wheat penne pasta (I used about 3/4 of a box)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder plus 1 tsp
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and slightly spray a casserole dish with EVOO.
- Bring pasta to a boil
- While pasta is boiling, brown hamburger, garlic and onion in a large skillet until cooked through and meat is no longer pink.
- Stir Cheddar Cheese Soup, green chillies, Salsa, 1 Tbsp Chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper to hamburger mix.
- In a medium sized bowl, add Campbell’s Healthy Request Tomato Soup and ½ cup of water. Whisk together until well mixed.
- Drain pasta, add back to pot and mix in Campbell’s Healthy Request Tomato Soup with water. Stir until mixed.
- In a small bowl combine black beans, corn and 1 tsp chili powder. Stir.
- Pour pasta into the bottom of casserole dish, add hamburger mixture to top of pasta and top off with corn and black beans.
- Sprinkle with Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Bake casserole in oven for 15 minutes until heated through.
Devour. Seriously, had two bowls. And I am OK with that.
My husband also had two bowls. No shame, my friends… no shame.
Did any of you participate in Taco Tuesday?