Let’s get a few things out of the way.
1. Don’t be Judgy McJudgersons regarding my incredible iPhone photos
2. I didn’t take the time to put together my typical recipe card for you.
3. These things really are good despite the fact that I couldn’t spend the time taking legit photos.
Ok, now that I have aired all my dirty laundry, you really should try these Zucchini Patties. They are a perfect balance of spice meets veggie.
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 small shredded onion
1/2 tsp sea salt
3 cloves minced garlic
3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
2 tsp. Hot sauce
1 tsp. cajun seasoning
3 cooked egg whites, diced
1. Squeeze out fluid from onion and zucchini. Like, legit, squeeze. Then blot on paper towel and squeeze again. I promise there is more water that you could ever imagine in shredded zucchini and onion.
2. Combine all ingredients (except cooked egg whites) in a bowl. Mix well. Fold in diced egg whites.
3. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan, spoon batter onto hot oil, creating whatever size of patty your little heart desires.
4. Cook each side until golden brown and cooked all the way through.
I made a quick Tzatziki sauce for the topping because I thought it sounded like a refreshing balance to the spice.
I liked it ok, but to be honest, I liked the hot sauce I slathered on it more when I reheated leftovers the next night. 🙂
1 cup Greek Yogurt
1 Cucumber grated
3 minced garlic cloves
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp dill weed
Mix all together.
That’s looks pretty tasty. Do you have any ideas for stuff you can take on rides?