I am a sucker for yummy Broccoli Salad and since I had a garden fresh head of broccoli that Jeanne sent home with me, I was craving this light side dish like none other. Sadly, the recipe that usually gets passed around is always loaded with mayo.
So, I went on a quest to find a lighter version and combined 2-3 recipes to make my own healthier, guilt free broccoli salad.
It’s basically awesome and you should make it.
All the yummy ingredients, pre-dressing.
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 small box raisins
- 4 slices turkey bacon, crisped and crumbled
- Small container greek yogurt (5oz)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- sea salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Combine broccoli, onion, raisins, turkey bacon, almonds and pine nuts in bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and salt and pepper.
- Pour over veggie mix and stir to coat.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve.
Turkey Burger Recipe coming soon!
Yum! As long as it still has bacon 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person