If you are looking for a healthy alternative to traditional sugary granolas look no further. This easy to make homemade granola is quick to assemble, uses all natural ingredients and is modifiable. This recipe was originally seen at Cookie & Kate, I just modified it a bit to fit my needs.
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups raw nuts (I used raw almonds. Other suggestions might include pecans, pepitas, walnuts)
- 1 tsp. fine grain sea salt
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2/3 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup (honey can be substituted)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 cup dried fruit (I used cranberries. Other suggestions might include blueberries, cherries, berries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, nuts, coconut, salt & cinnamon. Stir to blend
- Pour oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix well, until every oat and nut is lightly coated.
- Pour granola onto large rimmed baking sheet and spread in an even layer, keeping it loose.
- Bake until golden, about 21 to 23 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Let the granola cool completely on pan, it will crisp more as it cools. Stir occasionally if you want loose granola or leave it undisturbed if you want granola clusters.
Enjoy on its own, over Greek yogurt, in milk with fresh fruit. Possibilities are endless.