I love all the November vibes. Rich colors, crisp air, the start of Holiday conversations. For me, November marks the beginning of Fall. September is just an extended summer, October is Halloween, but November? She brings to us a season of thanksgiving in all her beautiful tones.
Of course she also brings the below, which really is a point of discussion, but I can’t seem to get her to sit down to hash it out, so here we are.
In the dark.
I wanted to send a treat out to the shop , which landed me on No. 2 Pencil’s recipe for Red, White & Blue M&M Cookie Bars. To give the dessert it’s fall vibe, I called in Reese’s Pieces and Reese’s mini cups as reinforcements.
You can find the original recipe here, but will share my twist below. I was told by the hubs that the slightly undercooked middle pieces would pair well with some ice cream. I wouldn’t be surprised to hear they made this happen.
- 2 sticks of butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Reese’s Pieces
- Reese’s Mini Cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Stir in your desired amount of Reese’s Pieces, reserving some for topping.
- Transfer to 9×13 baking dish.
- Press additional Reese’s Pieces and Reese’s Mini Cups into top of cookie dough.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes on oven rack in lower third of oven.
- Let cool completely and cut.
*Contains affiliate links