Don’t run away yet. Trust me, these are worth trying!
Filled with black beans, artichokes, olives and green chiles. Seasoned with hot sauce, chili powder and cumin. Thickened up with oatmeal!
Spicy, Healthy and Cheap to make.
• 15 oz. black beans
• 4 oz. can diced chiles
• ½ onion
• 3 garlic cloves
• 6 oz. jar artichoke hearts
• 12 large black olives
• 3 Tbsp. Egg Whites (or 1 egg)
• 1 Tbsp. chili powder
• 1 Tbsp. cumin
• 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
• ¾ cup oatmeal
• Drain and rinse black beans
• Mash black beans and chiles
•Chop onion, garlic, artichokes and olives in food processor. My processor is tiny so I had to chop the onions and garlic in one round and artichokes and olives the second round.
•Add chopped mix, egg whites and seasoning to beans
• Once ingredients are combined, add oatmeal. Mix should be sticky
• Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes
• Form 6 patties, place on prepared baking sheet
• Bake 30 minutes, flipping half way through
• If desired ‘fry’ patty on pan sprayed with olive oil for a few minutes if you prefer a crisper outside.
I added a little hot sauce on top for a bit more kick (I could eat Cholula Hot Sauce on most everything).
Nutritional Info for 1 patty (if making 6 patties)
22 grams Carbohydrates
9 grams Protein