Welcome to the FIRST of many Biker Bitch Features
I am beyond excited to introduce you to some of the most beautiful, confident, bad ass women I have the privilege of sharing the open road with. I’m always intrigued to learn more about why fellow females choose to ride two-wheels.. Years ago you didn’t see women riding their own bike as often as you do now. Why is that? What shifted? And what are the stories? I love asking questions and learning more from the females that I meet out on the road. I figure it’s high time I start sharing their stories with you as well.
So, without further ado – I introduce you to our very FIRST Female Feature.
Ladies and Gentlemen…
Meet Ashley H.
1. How long have you been riding? 11 years
2. What do you ride? 2002 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200
3. Does your bike have a name? Bitch – because she’s cold blooded
4. How many bikes have you owned and why did you choose your current model?
I have had 2 bikes. I have my current bike because it was what my Dad had when he got back into riding and then the bike my mom learned to ride on and rode for a couple years and then they gave me the chance to buy it. The Bitch actually joined our family the day of my Junior Prom so of course I had to sit on her and ended up getting my dress all dirty!
From the Left: Ashley’s sister Cathy, mom Connie and Ashley
5. Tell us the story behind why/when you decided to ride your own bike? My family got me into riding. I used to ride behind my Dad and my Uncles and one day decided I wanted to try it out. Ended up with 5 guys chasing me down the driveway toward the ditch, but I didn’t let that scare me!
6. Do you have a biker who is your inspiration? My Dad, he is an awesome person and has taught me so much over the years. He’s one of my favorite people to ride with and even though we don’t get to do it very often, it is definitely one of my favorite Daddy/Daughter activities. Also, before I even learned to ride, my Dad and I built a Rail Buggy together that was street legal so I could get the idea of shifting before really trying to learn to ride. He’s a pretty amazing guy!
Can I have two? My Mom is also one of my inspirations, she has always been there for me and we actually took our riders test together and got our actual motorcycle licenses at the same time! How cool is that? I can’t express how much these two people mean to me!
Ashley and her Dad, Buddy
7. What are some of you favorite things about the biker lifestyle? I love that the biker lifestyle is like a family! They base everything on respect and with most bikers, you know where you stand.
Ashley and I – cheesin’
8. Give us one of your favorite two-wheeled stories. If I have to pick just one, I would say the wiener dog biker games. There were a couple of guys that kept going through the game and decided that my sister and I should do it as well. She got on the back of my bike to be the wiener biter and we completely dumped it in front of everyone. I had a nice bruise on my back from her boot but as we were laying there laughing my buddy and brother-in-law were picking up my bike for us. I so wish someone would have gotten a picture of us laughing on the ground that day!
Ashley competing in the slow ride with her bro-in-law
9. What advice would you give other females who are thinking about riding their own? Do it! It’s so much better than being stuck on the back of the bike!
Ashley and her sister
10. There are many “Biker Codes” out there. If you had a favorite what would it be?
2014 Biker Bitch Crew
11. Final words? Get on your bike and ride!
Don’t miss out on future Features. Click the icon to follow Harleys & Heels on Facebook