I’ve talked about this before.
This weird place we tend to live in.
A world of Jealousy.
Feeling of Spite.
Whatever you want to call it. It’s ugly.
I see a lot of facebook and instagram posts a day.
So many thoughts and dreams are shared. Tons of check-ins happen. An overabundance of sharing happens.
But, that’s the world we live in. Social media. It’s social. We share.
So, what point am I getting at?
The fact that we tend to ignore the things that people are really trying to do and say on Facebook. We jump to conclusions, we pass them by, we don’t comment or give them a little “like”. We just internally judge and move along.
1. You see: UGH… sick again! This is day four and I feel like I am going to die.
2. You hear: I am just being a whiney baby and I want people to feel sorry for me.
3. The true meaning: I feel terrible, I am still stuck at home, this place sucks, I want social interaction in the worst possible way, someone please humor me and talk to me via comment section since being near you would be contaminating.
1. You see: A check-in at the gym.
2. You hear: A check-in at the gym. Again. For the 5th time in a row. We get it. You go to the gym. Yay. Good for you. Is it necessary to check-in every. single. stinking. time?
3. The true meaning: Checking in at the gym again! This is holding me accountable. I know SOMEONE is tracking my actions and maybe I am even inspiring someone to get off the couch tonight and get moving!
1. You see: Picture of a baby eating a snack
2. You hear: Dude… that is just another picture of your kid. Again. Same kid, same snack, different day.
3. The true meaning: My family that doesn’t live around here will love this pic! My kid is wearing the Christmas outfit they got for her/him.
You bet, I have fallen guilty to the negative thoughts on what people post on Facebook. Lately, I have been really trying to focus on the positive side, giving them support, making a comment, showing the love. I am friends with the people I would talk to if I saw them on the street. Why wouldn’t I talk to them about what they are posting on social media for all to see and comment on?
We live in a world full of so much negativity, it’s time we all work on finding the positive. Give some love people. What are your friends really trying to say? And the next time a post annoys you, try and understand why it annoys you. Is it because they are doing something you aren’t? Are they misunderstood? Are YOU misunderstood?
Sometimes posts actually ARE annoying. Maybe that particular friend is a constant negative nelly. Well, let’s make it our job to turn their frown upside down! We have the power to spread some light and love to their world.
Happiness. Smile. Share in your friends’ enthusiasm and excitement. They are sharing for a reason. Support it.
Happiness is contagious.
Spread that shit. 😉