Ok, my photos are pretty lame when it comes to food.
How about when it comes to food photos we make a deal? Just go ahead and trust what I say and not what I photograph with my iPhone (which, by the way, I have a GORGEOUS new fancy dancy camera I got from the hubs for Christmas… I should use it.)
These little fruit snacks are delicious, nutritious and easy to make.
I found the original recipe on thankyourbody.com – so check her out for legit photos of the yummy gummys like this:
2/3 cup fresh lemon juice or fresh orange juice (I used lemon and they were delicious!)
2/3 cup frozen berries (I used a berry mix of blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries)
1 – 2 Tbs honey
5 Tbs gelatin
1. Pour juice and berries into a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally until berries become tender and begin to soften.
2. Add honey and stir until completely incorporated. You will want the fruit to dissolve quite a bit until you have a compote.
3. Turn the heat off, and quickly and vigorously whisk in gelatin one tablespoon at a time to prevent clumps.
4. Puree mixture using a immersion blender or small blender (I used my food processor since I don’t have the before mentioned gadgets)
5. Pour into a 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 glass dish. Refrigerate until set (30 minutes to an hour). Cut in small squares. (Or use fun molds!)