Pretzels, m&m’s, oatmeal, cinnamon and coconut is a combination I was happy to dive face first in. Thanks to Half Baked Harvest’s recipe as the baseline, with a few twists of my own, these little nuggets of love hit the sweet and salty spot.
Other then my pretzel presentation that is no-where near Tieghan’s masterpiece, I’d say these turned out quite perfect.
Salted Pretzel Cowboy Cookies
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp.
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups + 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup m&m’s (can just add more chocolate chips if you desire)
- 1 cup pretzels, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until combined. Beat in the eggs then add the vanilla, beating until creamy. Add the flour, cinnamon (if using), baking soda, and salt. Fold in the oats, coconut, chocolate chips, and m&m’s.
- Use a cookie scoop, or roll the dough into rounded 2 tablespoon size balls and place 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Push a few crushed pretzel pieces into each dough ball then slightly flatten the dough ball down with the palm of your hand.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 9 minutes. (Note: the OG recipe has you bake the cookies for 5 minutes, remove from oven, tap pan on counter to flatten down, return to oven to bake an additional 4 minutes).
- Eat warm (definitely highly recommended) or let cool and store in an airtight container.