I’ve gotta be honest with you.
I could have omitted the chicken in this recipe and been just as satisfied. Don’t get me wrong. The chicken was great but the honey mustard and red wine vinegar glaze over the mushroom, artichoke combination was the winning combination.
This recipe is easy to assemble and only takes an hour to cook. No fuss recipe in my standards.
- Heat oven to 350 and prepare a large baking sheet with olive oil spray
- Drain artichokes, halve mushrooms, slice onions and spread in one layer on pan
- Trim chicken breasts of any fat and skin
- Slice tiny slits in top of chicken to allow glaze to seep in
- Lay chicken breasts on top of mushroom and artichoke slices
- Mix together honey, spicy mustard, garlic, olive oil, water, red wine vinegar, thyme, basil, tarragon, sea salt and pepper.
- Using a pastry brush, evenly spread on top of chicken and mushroom/veggie mix. Reserve a small amount of glaze.
- Place in oven for an hour
- Baste chicken 2-3 times during the hour with remaining glaze.
- Once chicken is cooked throughout and top begins to crisp, remove from oven and allow to sit before serving.
Harleys and Heels is now on Facebook!