If you are like me, when you hear the word enchilada you think red sauce and cheese. Extra cheese.
This recipe goes a whole new direction by using Greek Yogurt and minimal cheese and still tastes great. This recipe packs some extra protein power as well.
Sincere apologies for the less than appetizing coloring. iPhones not ideal for food. Clearly.
On a positive note, I received a call from Sony today saying they received my camera, and it goes in for repair tomorrow!
They also said they would call every three days to update me on the status.
A+ for customer service.
But, one has to ask what kind of surgery they are performing on the darn thing if it’s in for that long? Dang!
Healthy Chicken Enchiladas
- 1-2 cooked and shredded chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 Can Diced Green Chile’s
- 2 Tbsp. Hot Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Enchilada Seasoning
- Corn tortillas
- Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
- Black Olives
* All Ingredients are estimates. Add or subtract amounts as desired *
1) Mix together shredded chicken, yogurt, chile’s, salsa, hot sauce and seasoning.
2) Spread mixture in center of corn tortilla, roll, place seam side down in prepared 9×13 pan.
3) Repeat until pan is full.
4). Spray EVOO on the top of each corn tortilla, sprinkle with cheese and olives. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
5) Remove foil, add extra cheese if desired, serve, enjoy!
THANK YOU FOR SHARING!! My hubby and I were JUST talking last night about chicken enchiladas and finding a good how to make them healthier recipe! 🙂 Will be trying this!