Saturday, November 12th
I could end the post right here.
End of Story.
But, what’s the use of a hangover without the story of how it came to be?
Let’s rewind to Friday.
Friday, November 11th
First of all let me say Thank You to our veterans for your time served and to our current armed forces who continue to serve.
Second: Happy Birthday to my mama! 11/11 was also HER day! 🙂
Now, to the bane of my Saturday? Friday night.
We traveled north to Sioux City, IA to see the Turnpike Troubadors in concert with Jade, Kayla, Scott, Haley, Josey and Stephanie. It was a ridiculously fun night. Turnpike was INCREDIBLE to listen to… again, music geek in me can’t get enough of good music and TRUE musicianship that these guys exude.
We let loose, we drank a few too many beers, we stayed our ground in the front of the venue holding steady to the gate, we flirted with the band, we sang along loudly and we made every ounce of that hangover totally worth it.
Is it me, or is Jade channeling Alan from the movie, The Hangover?
We even managed to hang out with both bands (opener and headliner) after the concert at a local tavern, to which I awkwardly attempted small talk about music (listen Jordan, don’t talk after 10 beers) and Kayla took endless photos with the groups.
After hours snap chats = lame tag lines. We love Friday’s?
*insert giant eye roll*
Thank GOODNESS social media didn’t exist when we were all in High School. It’s bad enough as adults.
Friday kinda rocked, and I am ready to do it again, minus the heavy amounts of beer.
So then there is Saturday again.
It looked like this:
- 3am – Arrive back to hotel safely thanks to kind cabi who received quite a tip after my sober mind calculated. I’m sure she deserved every penny.
- 3:10am – Snap Clint attempting 16 times to open the hotel door. It was classic. Score 1 for Jordan catching that gem on video.
- 6am – First wake-up call, thanks due to a rager of a headache
- 7am – Wake-up again. Headache and all…
- 8am – Restroom. Oh, hey there rumbling belly. I hear you and I am answering by laying back down.
- 8:30am – Respond to Kayla’s text. Commiserating.
- 9am – Dear LORD this headache. Curse the fact I need water but curse the fact I am not sure my stomach can handle even that.
- 9:30am – Respond to Kayla’s text re: lobby and breakfast.
- 10:30am – Clint wakes ready to take on the world ( his ability to NEVER have a headache nor hangover really sucks sometimes)
- 11am – Bid farewell to the crew and head back to Omaha. Radio off, shades on, air full blast, with minor attempts to tune my overly-chatty husband out. Dude… headache.
- 1pm – Homaha – drop husband off at home so he can load truck up with hunting gear and head out to Clarinda.
- 1:30pm- Pick up race gear for Beer and Bagel run on Sunday
- 2pm – Home. Hallmark Christmas Movie. Nap.
- 4pm- Grocery store for hangover worthy snacks that are always top notch on the healthy pyramid.
- 5pm – Dinner. Hallmark Christmas Movie. Nap
- 8pm – Succumb to just letting Saturday be a total wash and go to bed.
Sunday, November 13th
Let’s all take a moment and rejoice in the fact that I got out of bed at 6:30am and was ready to run the Beer and Bagel 4 mile trail run at 9am.
Can I get a Hallelujah? Can I get an Amen?
Blair is a trail running PRO! She recently ran a 50K. Yes, you read that right. 50K = 31.08 miles. So, I laughed at her for wanting to still run this with me. It’s 4 miles. That’s like her warm-up nowadays. But, thankfully, she did it and we had fun and I appreciate her grace in not rubbing in the fact that this is peanuts to her distance legs.
I might consider running the 13.1 trail run next year. Trail running is SO much better than road running. It is so much more forgiving on the joints since you are on soft ground and uneven terrain that forces you to take it easy and watch where you are going, rather then operate as a robot and pound the pavement. Running the 13.1 Beer and Bagel run in 2017 is a definite thought. A consideration.
We will see. 🙂
After the race I napped again. DUDE! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?! I think it was a culmination of three days in a row last week of getting up by 3:10am on top of the minimal water and shenanigans on Friday night. My body was O.V.E.R. it.
I forced myself into partial civilization on Sunday afternoon when I bundled up and went out on the HD, just her and I. It’s that time of the year when the hubs is gone hunting on the weekends and I get my coveted solo ride time in when the weather is cooperating.
I managed to burn through a full tank of gas and it was all sortsa magical.
Solo rides = no destination. No planned stops. Just a direction, the roll of the throttle and a big ass smile on my face. 🙂
Although, this snap looks like I don’t even have a head, let alone a face for a smile.
But my front wheel looks B.A.
Cheers to a GREAT weekend!