This Mediterranean Frittata recipe was inspired by Move Nourish Believe. I discovered the recipe a few days ago, made a few tweaks and have now consumed multiple servings for two days. Can’t wait to eat a slice for breakfast tomorrow.
Yep! It’s THAT good.
Photo’s don’t do it justice. Especially since I chose the lazy route and took them with my iPhone instead of my DSLR.
Step 1. Chop spinach, onion and olives. Mix together in a large bowl with the egg whites, seasoning and as much Feta Cheese as you prefer.
Step 2. Pour into a round cake pan. I lined my pan with wax paper, but I found this step to be unnecessary.
Step 3. Bake at 325 covered for 25 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until egg has set.
Step 4. Cool, Cut, Eat.
I’d like to tell this day to take a hike. I’m over it. Moving on.
So without sounding like a whiney, ungrateful, angry, bitter woman tonight, I’m going to focus on the things (mundane or not) that made me happy today.
1. Subway breakfast. Egg white, spinach and provolone cheese on flatbread. Impressed, thoroughly.
2. My chiropractor. He’s awesome. Well, he’s moving up on my likability scale anyway. Still afraid of the weird things they do for adjustments, but after four weeks, the trust is building. Slowly.
I’m still guilty at giving him those “WTF, dude” looks.
3. Down time before teaching TurboKick. The stretching, silence and alone time was welcomed for a little focus and clarity.
4. Coming home to chili and cinnamon rolls. Courtesy of the hubby. No good pictures. I inhaled it. Here is a leftover cinnamon roll for you. You’re welcome.
5. A good phone chat with one of my besties on my way home from the gym.
6. The view of my Christmas Tree from my comfy couch.
7. And this cute little face peaking up at me from said couch.
And now… my bed. 4:40AM wake up call for my 5:30 AM Turbo Kick Class.
Cheers to a better Thursday.
I think everyone needs a dog.
This guy makes me turn into a child in that I just want to pester him, love on him and challenge him to races up and down the hallways. Sure, he drives me crazy sometimes; like for instance in this photo. I’m trying to stretch after a morning jog and he is all up in my business. He thinks I’m down on the floor for him. Ya, not so much bubby.
Egg whites, Whole Grain Sandwich tTin and light Provolone Cheese.
This is a must. Every morning. If I don’t start my morning with this combination my whole day is off. Ok, maybe that’s pushing it… But I really do eat this for breakfast 95% of the time. Or some combination of egg white and whole grains.
Bucky’s Fountain soda
Absolutely. Must. Have.
I go between Diet Pepsi and Diet Dr. Pepper. I know, terrible habit. But, I’m not willing to try and break it yet, so leave me be. 🙂 I always hit up the Bucky’s down the road from my work. The manager is great and I’m sure he comes to expect me every morning. Sometimes the cashier gives me the Refill Price as opposed to the New Cup price. She’s my hero. We shall call that Regular Perks.
A Favorite Workout.
I have several but everyone needs to find at least one activity that they absolutely enjoy. Of course I love my Turbokick class that I teach (obvi) but I also LOVE kickboxing class. I only go occasionally due to my schedule (hashtag sad face). Right now, Monday nights is the one time I can typically get to a class, so tonight it’s on, baby!! ILOVEKICBOXING.com
Oh, I’m also not afraid to point out that in the above pic, I am the one laying on the ground NOT participating in the ab work.
And there ya have it. The most random of random Monday Must-Haves.
Have a fab week my friends.