Harleys & Heels | Biker Bitch Feature | Pam S.
1. How long have you been riding?
A total of 8 years. I started riding when I was 16, but only for a couple years. I started riding again 6 years ago.
2. What do you ride?
Yamaha V-Star Silverado 1100
3. How many bikes have you owned and why did you choose your current model?
I’ve owned two bikes. The first bike I learned to ride was my Mom’s.
I chose my current bike because it fits me well.
4. Tell us the story behind why/when you decided to ride your own bike?
After raising my kids it was time to get back to riding. When I want to go for a ride I don’t have to wait or rely on anyone.
6. Do you have a biker who is your inspiration?
My dad is my inspiration.
He always gave me encouragement to try new things. When he knew I was going for a ride he would say;Watch out for the cars because they aren’t watching for you.
My dad was on the Omaha Fire Department for 33 years and has seen a lot of Motorcycle accidents. He knew first hand. When I went to College for the first time last year he was so proud of me. You see, I’ve been out of school for 37 years. It was hard to go back. I graduated in May of 2014 with my Book Keeping Certificate.
I’m so glad he was still here to see it.
Dad passed in July and I know he is watching over me now.
7. What are some of you favorite things about the biker lifestyle?
I love making new friends and meeting new people.
I love that if a biker sees another bike broke down on the road they stop to see if they need help.
I ride because I love freedom, independence, and the movement of the ground beneath me.
8. Give us one of your favorite two-wheeled stories.
All of my 2 wheel stories are special. Can’t just choose one.
9. What advice would you give other females who are thinking about riding their own?
Take a riders course. Don’t get a bike that is too big for you to handle.
10. There are many “Biker Codes” out there. If you had a favorite what would it be?
I will not show disrespect to other bikers less experienced or knowledgeable than I am.
It’s all about Respect.
11. Final words?
Live for today like there’s no tomorrow.
Do what you enjoy doing and don’t let anyone tell you you can’t.
Keep up-to-date on all Biker Bitch Features:
#1: Ashley H.
#2: Jen M.
#3: Chris Y.
#4: Lora J
#5: DeAnn P.
#6: Tyree S.
#7: Marcy L.
#8: Liz S.
You might also be interested in: